Gluten Free Stuffing
Makes One 13 x 9 inch pan
Make the mix the day before you’re going to use it. If you make it earlier, freeze until ready to use.
Make a loaf of GF cornbread using your favorite mix (such as Bob’s Red Mill).
Get a loaf of GF white or millet bread (about 18 oz.) (use any good quality GF bread).
Cube the loaf of bread. Spread the cubes in an even layer on a baking sheet. Toast the cubes at 350F for about 8 – 10 minutes. Take the cubes out of the oven, and let cool.
Crumble the loaf of cornbread in a large mixing bowl, and add the bread cubes. Combine thoroughly. Add seasonings such as salt, pepper, poultry seasoning and/or Italian seasoning to taste.
Follow these directions:
8 tbsp butter or margarine
2 cups Celery, diced thin
1 cup Onions, chopped
4 cups Chicken Stock
5 ea Eggs, beaten
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
Method of Preparation:
- Preheat oven to 375° F
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat
- When butter is melted, add onions and celery and sauté until soft (about 7 minutes)
- Meanwhile, pour stuffing mix into buttered 9 x 13 casserole dish
- Spread vegetable mixture over stuffing mixture
- Add stock, mix well and season with salt and pepper
- Add eggs and mix until incorporated
- Bake for 30-45 min or until stuffing is set and golden.
Please keep stuffing mix frozen until ready to use.